An automotive OEM's paint shop's operational team wanted to undertake a spray booth energy analysis to see if there were opportunities to reduce its energy consumption. Ecopare's Lean Energy Management solution was installed over a four week time frame to gather real-time energy data in the major energy systems including the air handling units, robot lines vs manual spray lines, central water reticulation and lighting systems.
Key activities included:
- Installation of electricity sensors on all motors and pumps including AHUs, water reticulation, robots and lighting.
- Installation of gas meters on group AHUs, temperature sensors on incoming airflows.
- Detailed energy capture for 4 weeks to capture weekly production trends.
- Real-time reporting plus big data post project analytics.
On the back of the provided information, the client was able to:
- Optimise the weekly start-up procedure to reduce the run hours by 10% reducing the annual running cost by £52,000.
- Identification of down-time and welfare-breaks energy cost.
- Kicked off booth pressure balancing project to optimise air-flow to reduce energy costs
- Identified downstream project to replace oven burners to optimise gas usage.